4 From Seddon Statue
View of the parliamentary precinct from the statue of Premier Richard Seddon.
Parliament grounds include two statues of former Premiers (the name for Prime Ministers until about 1906).
The bronze statue of Richard John Seddon ('King Dick'), Premier between 1893 and 1906, stands outside Parliament House. It was designed by British sculptor Sir Thomas Brock and was erected in 1915. Today, it is one of the most photographed parts of Parliament grounds.
Outside the Parliamentary Library is the statue of John Ballance, Premier from 1891 to 1893. This marble statue was unveiled in 1897.