The closing date for submissions was Friday, 4 May 2012
The terms of reference for the inquiry are to examine the administration of parliamentary elections in light of the 2011 general election, with particular reference to:
- voter turnout, the maintenance of accurate enrolment data and the dormant roll
- the conduct of, and education campaign for, the MMP referendum
- the conduct and performance of the electoral institutions, including the Electoral Enrolment Centre and the new Electoral Commission (merging the functions of the Electoral Commission and Chief Electoral Office), compared with previous elections and in ensuring the integrity of the voting
- electoral matters arising from the Canterbury earthquakes
- the statutory and regulatory frameworks governing elections.
The committee requires 2 copies of each submission if made in writing. Those wishing to include any information of a private or personal nature in a submission should first discuss this with the clerk of the committee, as submissions are usually released to the public by the committee. Those wishing to appear before the committee to speak to their submissions should state this clearly and provide a daytime telephone contact number. To assist with administration please supply your postcode and an email address if you have one.
Further guidance on making a submission can be found from the Making a Submission to a Parliamentary Select Committee link in the `Related documents´ panel.