Hansard and Journals
Child and Family Protection Bill — In Committee
Child and Family Protection Bill
- Debate resumed from 14 July.
Clauses 1 and 2 and Parts 1 to 3 (continued)
Hon TREVOR MALLARD (Labour—Hutt South) : There has already been considerable debate on the Child and Family Protection Bill at the Committee stage. The Opposition has not found any reason to oppose the bill in the period that it has not been before the Committee. Therefore, we are not proposing to spend any more time on it.
- The question was put that the amendments set out on Supplementary Order Paper 179 in the name of Jacinda Ardern be agreed to.
|Ayes 52||New Zealand Labour 42; Green Party 9; Progressive 1.|
|Noes 67||New Zealand National 57; ACT New Zealand 5; Māori Party 4; United Future 1.|
|Amendments not agreed to.|
- The question was put that the amendment set out on Supplementary Order Paper 178 in the name of Lynne Pillay be agreed to.
- Amendment not agreed to.
- The question was put that the amendments set out on Supplementary Order Paper 172 in the name of the Hon Simon Power be agreed to.
- Amendments agreed to.
- Clauses 1 and 2 and Parts 1 to 3 as amended agreed to.
- The Committee divided the bill into the Domestic Violence Amendment Bill (No 2), the Care of Children Amendment Bill, and the Adoption Amendment Bill, pursuant to Supplementary Order Paper171.
- Bill reported with amendment.
- Report adopted.