Select committee details
The Commerce Committee considers matters relating to business development, commerce, communications, consumer affairs, energy, information technology, insurance, and superannuation.
On this page you will find information about membership of the committee and matters that were being considered by the committee.
Business before the Commerce Committee
Bill title (closing date for submissions, report due). Dates in bold indicate submissions still open.
- Accounting Infrastructure Reform Bill (3 March 2014, 30 May 2014)
- Credit Contracts and Financial Services Law Reform Bill (1 November 2013, 17 March 2014)
- Energy (Fuels, Levies, and References) Amendment Bill (17 April 2014, 5 September 2014)
- Regulatory Standards Bill (18 August 2011, 15 December 2014)
Does not include petitions or bills. Dates in brackets are closing dates for submissions.
- Inquiry into the price of milk (13 Sep 2011)
- Report from the Controller and Auditor-General on Transpower New Zealand Limited: Managing Risks to Transmission Assets
- Report from the Controller and Auditor-General, Discussion Paper: Learning from public entities' use of social media, June 2013
- Report from the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment, Evaluating Solar Water Heating: Sun, Renewable Energy and Climate Change
2012/13 financial reviews