Many children in New Zealand are not aware of what Parliament does. Similarly, young people do not always find parliamentary and democratic processes accessible, or interesting.
- Create interesting and engaging resources for children.
- Ensure all school kids have the opportunity to visit Parliament, either by funding visits to Wellington or by taking virtual reality tours and education programmes to schools.
- Provide all secondary social science teachers with the resources to teach their students about Parliament.
- Profile stories of everyday young New Zealanders success in engaging with Parliament.
- Proactively enable children and young adults to have a voice.
- Use electoral offices as conduits to the public, especially young voters.