The Office of the Clerk and Radio New Zealand’s The House are excited to announce a short-term placement programme for one Youth Press Gallery member in early 2020. The successful candidate will split their time between the Office of the Clerk’s communications team and The House, performing a range of tasks including:
- Attending exclusive meetings and briefings with high-level parliamentarians
- Contributing content for the New Zealand Parliament and Radio New Zealand websites
- Other duties that will provide an invaluable and rare glimpse into working with media in a parliamentary context
How do I get selected?
This opportunity is open to all members of the 2019 Youth Press Gallery. If you’d like to be considered, just submit either:
- an original piece of work summing up your experience at Youth Parliament 2019; or
- one of the pieces you produced during Youth Parliament 2019.
Your submission can be in the form of, for example:
- A written article (up to 750 words)
- A video (up to 3 minutes)
- Another suitable multimedia format – please discuss with us first
A panel from the Office of the Clerk and The House will select the winning entry.
When are submissions due?
The deadline for submissions is 5.00pm on 31 August, 2019. The successful candidate will be notified by mid-September.
Please send submissions to John.Son@parliament.govt.nz.
What are the exact dates, timings, and arrangements for the placement?
These will be confirmed with the successful candidate once they have been chosen, to fit around their study and other commitments. The placement will take place sometime between January and March 2020.
If you have any questions, please contact John Son, Office of the Clerk Communications Adviser, at John.Son@parliament.govt.nz.
We look forward to seeing your entries!