Public tours and school visits
- Public tours of Parliament are cancelled until further notice.
- School visits are cancelled until further notice.
- The public gallery is closed to all visitors.
- The visitor centre is closed to all visitors.
- Members of the public will not be permitted to observe select committee hearings in person, either to observe or provide evidence.
- All witnesses are expected to provide evidence by video conference or teleconference only.
- Committee hearings that would normally be open to the public will continue to be accessible via the Parliament website and committee Facebook pages.
- Copperfield’s will be closed to all members of the public unless they are accompanied by a staff member or MP.
Bowen House Exhibition space
- This will be closed until further notice.
Visitors to precinct for business purposes
- Before your visit, please ask your host to provide you with the health and safety guidelines which must be followed during your time on precinct.
- All visitors must sign in and record their details at reception, and be accompanied by an MP or staff member at all times.
The Parliamentary Service is receiving regular updates from the Ministry of Health and will continue to follow their guidance. The website covid19.govt.nz has all the information from the New Zealand Government about COVID-19 in one place.
Any further updates will be communicated via the New Zealand Parliament website and social media channels.
While the precinct is closed, here are some ways you can still get involved with Parliament and have your say: